Volunteer Registration is now open - Please read through the below before you register
Run Seal Beach™ is a 100% volunteer managed and run organization. Race day and Friday registration require more than 500 volunteers to make this event an enjoyable one for everyone. If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, the general list of the types of tasks that we need help with, the number of volunteers and adult or teen opportunities are below as well as on the enrollment site.
Parking suggestions for volunteers are avaliable on our Race Info Page.
You will not hear back from us other than an immediate confirmation until we get closer to race day next year. At that time, your task area coordinators will be contacting you with final instruction and other infomation you will need for race day.
Volunteer Leader Guidelines
* Please read through the areas where we need volunteers and determine what would work best for your group.
* We ask that one person assume responsibility for your group/organization and serve as a point of contact and sighup entry for everyone. As we get closer to our event date, volunteer specifics will be sent to you to inform you of : Time, locations, who you will report to, and other specifics. We will expect this key person to distribute and communicate to everyone committed to your group.
* If for any reason the number of people you are committing to us changes as we get close to event day, please let us know the changes up or down immediately so that we can make necessary adjustments and insure we have volunteers where and when we need them on race day.
* DO NOT REGISTER "MAYBE" - PLEASE only register if you are committed to this activity, time and number of people minimum.
CLICK HERE FOR VOLUNTEER SIGNUP
2015 Volunteer Areas
Friday, March 20, 2015
Packet Pickup: Marina Community Center
Shift (1) : 2-5:00 PM Need: 14 volunteers, no more than 10 youth
Shift (2) : 5-8:00 PM Need: Function Full- No more needed
Requires ability to help with pre-registered runner packet pickups. Sitting mostly, although some volunteers will run shirts and require standing for the shifts above. No children under 12 please.
Saturday, March 21, 2015 - Race Day
1. Final Pack Pickup: Marina Community Center
Shift: 6:00 AM - 8:30 AM - Need: 11 more volunteers, no more than 3 youth
Requires ability to help with pre-registered runner packet pickups only. Requires assistance to help close up /pick up registration center at end, putting away tables, chairs, etc. No children under 12 please.
2. Starting Line Set-Up & Tear Down
Shift: 6:00 AM -7:30AM
Need: Function Full- No more needed
Our start line team needs help with the following types of tasks. We prefer adults or older teens only for this area.
- Setup and tear down of corrals
- Pace sign holders
- Crowd control
- Assist timing company with layout as needed
3. Course Control Guides
Shift: 7:00 AM -10:00 AM
Need: 5 more volunteers, any mix adult /youth ok
Route Directional Guides to keep walkers and runners separate as they approach the finish line.
Requires ability to stand and give direction to others.
4. Finish Line Food-Water Station
Shift: 6:30 AM -10:00 AM
Need: Function Full - No more needed
Water & Fruit Station - people to help prepare fruit, hand out water and other provided food stuff to race finishers. Assist with teardown and cleanup of area at end of race. Must be able to stand on feet for long periods and lift/move up to 15 lbs. You are expected to work this area until cleanup is complete.
5. Finish Line Queue Attendants
Shift: 7:30 AM -10:00 AM
Need: 5 more volunteers, any mix of adult and youth (must be over 12) still needed
You must be able to stand on your feet, assist with giving all finishers a commemorative gift, and direct all finishers out of the chutes to the food/water area to keep flow through. Must be able to stand on feet for duration and help give direction to participants.
6. Finish Line Chute Setup
Shift: 6:30 AM -8:00 AM
Need: 6 volunteers - no more than 3 youth
Assist with the setup of Finish Line Chute Fencing setup. Must be able to lift and help load to trucks. Very physical work requiring ability to lift and move items up to 40 pounds.
7. Finish Line & Expo Teardown
Shift: 9:30 AM -12:00 PM
Need: 10 volunteers - no more than 5 youth
Assist with the teardown of all finish line areas such as Vendor Expo, Fun Zone fencing, tables, banners, stages, etc. Must be able to lift and help load to trucks. Very physical work requiring ability to lift and move items back to our storage containers.
8. Vendor Expo & Awards Area Setup
Shift: 6:00 AM -8:00 AM
Need: 5 Adults Only
Assist with getting the vendors in and set up, and the awards stage area set up and ready.