2015 Kid's Fun Run Design Contest Is ON!
Run Seal Beach™ is looking for the next "Van Gogh" of our community! Our 2015 Kid's 1K Fun Run Shirt Design contest is is full swing. The winning design will be featured on our Kids Run shirts and the winner will lead off the run on race day, Saturday March 21, 2015. Read below for complete contest information. All entries are due by January 9, 2015. Winners will be announced by end of January 2015.
T-shirt Design Contest Rules - Click HERE for Offical Entry Form
2015 Theme “HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAL BEACH”
Who Can Enter? Any current student who attends elementary school in the LAUSD district or Seal Beach home schoolers (Kindergarteners to age 10 by 12/1/2014) is eligible to particpate.
If you would like the entry form in a MSWord format, please email us at:
Rules for Entry: Entries will be judged by the Run Seal Beach™ Race Committee for their artistic merit and how their artwork relates to the theme.
- Artwork must be submitted on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of white paper
- Artwork must include up to 4 total colors
- Artwork must include the likeness of the Kids 1K Mascot “Sammy the Seal”(shown on document)
- Artwork must include theme “HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAL BEACH”
(It’s Seal Beach’s 100th birthday in 2015)
How to Enter:
- Complete your design according to the guidelines above
- Fill out the entry form on the back and attach your original artwork to this form.
- Please put your name on the back of the artwork only
- Submit to the McGaugh School front office or mail to:
Run Seal Beach - PO Box 190 – Seal Beach, CA 90740
Once again because of the support of our fantastic local Seal Beach businesses, we have awesome prizes for the winner and the two runners up!
1st Place - Your design on the kids race shirts & a beach cruiser from KING’S BICYCLE STORE
2nd Place- A boogie board from ALTERNATIVE SURF
3rd Place- A $50 gift card from HARBOUR SURFBOARDS
ABOUT THE RUN SEAL BEACH™ KID'S 1K FUN RUN & FUN ZONE
Click HERE to see a short video on our program!
The Run Seal Beach™ Kids Fun Run is a unique program for children up to ten (10) years of age because we include supervised running and a safe Fun Zone area at the finish line. Guides run alongside the kids, ensuring all children complete the course. Parent's are welcome to be on the course with their child, but children must be registered to be on the course. Children must be at least 3 years of age or older to be in the Fun Zone to insure proper supervision and safety standards are met.
Our Kid's Fun Zone is a unique attribute of our race that makes us stand out among all others. The Fun Zone is a Kid Safe, secure area, with more than a 2-to-1 ratio of supervision. This program is only available to children who have registered to run the 1K race (over the age of 3) . Kids are entertained from the time they complete their run with activities such as games, face painting, crafts, and more. We provide a Gluten and Nut Free Zone.
We provide custom security banding for all children who will be in our Fun Zone. This allows parents to run the 5K or 10K while their child runs the 1K and the child is secure until parents finish their run. No child is released from the Kid's Fun Zone without proper matching identification.
To ensure a safe and fun event for all, we ask that parents read and follow these guidelines:
- Parents are allowed to run with their child in the fun run, but we have Fun Run Route Guides, if you'd prefer to save your energy for the 5/10K. Make sure you check in with one of the guides at the front of the kids run line by 7:20 AM.
- If you are running alongside a child with another child in a stroller, please make sure you stay to the side or back so you don't trip others.
- Pick up your packet the day before at the Marina Center. We will be open for packet pick up from 3-8 pm.
- Review with your child the night before the race route (your may want to drive by the route if you are able) and the location of the fun run. Make a family plan for meeting and don't change the plan.
- For best identification, please have your child wear their Kids 1K race t-shirt and race number! If it's cold that morning, have them wear a long sleeve t-shirt underneath their race shirt.
- The I.D. wristbands are your child's ticket into the fun zone and child must be over the age of 3. No exceptions. Please make sure you prepare your wristband according to the guidelines in the packet.
- Kids 1K Fun Run starts promptly at 7:30 a.m. so be at the starting line no later than 7:20 a.m. to get your child in line.
- Have your child eat a light breakfast and drink some water early in the morning.
- Parents must pick up their children at the Fun Zone by 9:30 a.m.
- Our volunteers are ready to provide a fun time for all the kids in the fun zone with crafts and games! We'll have water, dye-free popsicles and fruit too!